Where to Go
There are plenty of places locally in the Gosport and Haslar Marina area to go for refreshments and something to eat or whilst you are sailing around The Solent with Four Seasons Yacht Charter.
- The Castle Tavern – by the Gosport ferry with a good beer selection and large portions of food and will always be full of yachties
- Hardys at Haslar Marina – great food and is on the premises
- Gunwharf Quays, Old Portsmouth – lively with a large selection of bars & restaurants from around the globe plus Tiger Tiger to keep you up dancing. The last Gosport Ferry is at midnight but there is another ferry that takes over and goes till the early hours!!
Around The Solent
- Cowes, Isle of Wight – great for lively evenings out, Cowes has plenty of pubs and restaurants (Mojacs is our best pick of the bunch and with seating upstairs for larger parties)
- Southampton and Ocean Village – plenty of pubs and clubs
- Yarmouth, Isle of Wight – for a quieter night out, Yarmouth boasts some stunning restaurants but can be hard to get into after 4pm in the midsummer
- Bembridge, Isle of Wight – (please do your tidal calculations as it does dry out or there a buoys off Seaview that you pick up and a ferry will come out and take you ashore) go to the sailing club or Seaview Hotel
- “The Folly” on the Medina – for dancing on the tables on Saturday evenings or great lunches but get in early as the queues can get quite long
- Beaulieu – very tranquil and ideal for romantics
- The Master Builders, Bucklers Hard – bar and restaurant near the Beaulieu River
If you know of any great places to go, let us know and we will be pleased to add a comment but we will go and check it out first… it’s a tough job!!