What to Bring
There are a just a few items to bring that will make your sailing experience more enjoyable.
Look at the weather forecast for the time you are sailing and bring appropriate clothes.
- Deck shoes or trainers are a must and without soft black soles!! If you rub your hand across the sole and your hand goes black then the deck of the yacht will do the same!
- Make sure you bring warm clothing, the wind chill factor even on a hot summers day can have you wanting to put an extra layer on.
- On hot days make sure you bring suntan lotion as with the reflection from the sea you get double the UV rays…. A great way to go red unless you are careful.
- We can supply foul weather gear, which cuts out the wind chill and keeps you dryer but we do not supply boots due to hygiene issues.
- For a few hours sailing in the Solent getting your shoes wet is no big deal but if you know you are going across channel then bring or buy some wellies at the local chandlers shop.
- For overnight trips, bring a sleeping bag; we supply pillows and pillowcases only.
- The yachts have a toilet, running hot and cold water and even a shower but when in marinas we recommend you use the shore facilities.
- The yachts all have cookers, pots and pans, cutlery and a fridge so there is no problem cooking onboard.
- There is loads of storage for food and overnight bags although more cramped than at home…. Think of it as camping on the water.
Please feel free to contact us for any further information and advice.